ShabbyBlogs Background

Monday, February 28, 2011

It's All About the Little Guy


Congratulations to me, I blogged TWICE this month! (I totally made it. There's like an hour and 20 minutes of February left.)
I was just looking through our pictures of this month and realized that we ONLY have pictures of Joey. We make casual appearances when one of us happens to be holding him, but it's clear who's in charge at our house. His siblings will be jealous.
We got a surprise visit from Lindsey, our "cousin". She's actually James's cousin's daughter, so it's really complicated how she's related to me (my cousin once removed in law, I suppose). Anyway, she came down for the weekend from school in Rexburg and spent an evening with us. She was a big hit with the little guy.


Joey is big enough for his high chair now! We started putting him in it about a month ago and it's been a lifesaver! He doesn't eat solid food yet, so it's pretty clean. He loves being up high enough to be a part of everything. Since we discovered this miracle chair I can:
--put him in front of the mirror to entertain himself while I shower
--and dry my hair
--do the dishes with BOTH hands
--eat dinner without his hands in my plate
--fold the never-ending laundry
He'll just play happily with his toys/washcloth (his favorite teething toy) for quite a while...and then when he's had enough, he gives us subtle hints like this:

Here's the newest trick! He can sit up!...well, sort of. As you can see, it takes a lot of concentration and a little side support to keep him from tipping over after 5 seconds.

Anything can be a teething toy
Enjoying some delicious fingers together
Happy high chair boy
Baby's first sponge...it's kind of a joke that I want my kids to play with sponges instead of expensive toys. I unwrapped him a brand new sponge and it stank like chemicals...so we took a quick picture and didn't let him chew on it. Oh well.
My March goal is to take pictures of something besides the baby and write about it. He's just so darn cute though!

4 comments:

  1. Those are SUPER cute pictures! He is just ADORABLE! I know how it is having the babies being the center of attention.....for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James and Sahra! He certainly is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pic of him in his boppy. What a look for the camera! Lizzie is still a little small for her high chair and Mikey still uses it. So she is the center piece on our tble uring meals. She sits in her bumbo while I feed her there :) I've alo managed to blog 11 times in Feb. Shocking or me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, how can you resist when he's so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete