ShabbyBlogs Background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Let's pretend it's March...

I don't know what happened. Nothing happened actually. March came and went...in like a lion, out like a wet, but slightly warmer lion...and I didn't write anything about it. Stuff happened though, and I've got pictures to prove it.

Joey made great strides in entertaining himself for a few minutes. Not so great as his April strides, but you'll just have to wait for the next post. Here he is, wedged in between the pillows on our bed, chomping happily at his bath toy while I fold (gasp) a whole load of laundry with NO patty cake breaks! I love this picture because he's making a total James face. I see this one all the time when James is reading something perplexing.

Ok, for some reason I can't drag my pictures into the order I want them, so we'll just jump around.

We had a bridal shower at our house for Shannon Swiss, one of my mission companions. The shower was only for mission friends, so we pulled out all the stops and talked exclusively about stuff that bores everyone else out of their minds. The pictures turned out a monster step below average, but here's proof it happened.
On the right is Shannon, the bride-to-be. On the left is Amanda McCollough. We were all companions together. It took both me and Amanda to train that wild Sorella Swiss.

James spent hours on photoshopping a Swiss Miss label so that it read "Miss Swiss" and the part that used to say "marshmallow" said bride-to-be. It was awesome. We taped them over the labels on real boxes of Swiss Miss hot cocoa. Yeah hubby!
Melissa and Lindsay made a video with Eric, Shannon's fiancé. So mostly they did all the work and I made the food...as it should be.
Ok, back to Joey. Here he is when he had just woken up from a nap. I love it when he wakes up and just starts playing instead of screaming bloody murder. It happens seldom enough that I still appreciate it.

Ta da! Joey can actually sit up by himself! At this point he could only stay there for a few seconds. As soon as he reached for something he'd bonk on the floor. Never broke his concentration though. Who knows why falling smack on his head doesn't make him cry, having a wet diaper does.

Here are my cute boys. James is Joey's favorite person by far (unless he's hungry--then it's Mom all the way). They love to play together. Aaaaawww cute!

2 comments:

  1. His wake up face seriously cracks me up. Great pics of the bridal shower...haha I'm stuffing my face (big surprise). I loved the all mission shower. There are very few times that you can tell all mission stories and no one gets bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the toy in Joey's hand in the "just waking from a nap" pic is the same toy (diff object, same toy) as the 'chew toy' Devin used as a baby. Wouldn't that be neat?

    ReplyDelete