ShabbyBlogs Background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

He's still napping...

Much to my surprise, Joey's still asleep, so I guess I'll keep on blogging. I guess he's helping me make up for lost time in March.
.....................................................................................................
He's a mind reader. As soon as I typed that, he cried. Anyway, here are the cliff notes:
My mom had a birthday. She didn't want to let me put 67 candles on her cake...oh fine. The cake was pretty awesome. We used to have this amazing recipe for "The Carrot Cake That Ages Gracefully", but it got lost in a move or something. BUT, thanks to allrecipes.com (where I spend a little too much of my life) I found it! What they don't tell you on there is that you have to make this cake at least 3 days ahead of time and let it age in the fridge. It sounds gross, but it's SO GOOD! Go on, give it a try. I dare ya! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grandmas-Carrot-Cake/Detail.aspx
Here I am with my little doodlebug. It's a rare moment when he'll lay on my chest like that. He's gotten so strong and wants nothing to do with cuddling with Mom anymore. Time for a new baby! (Kidding, geesh! Not for at least 9 months.)
Check out those thunder thighs!

2 more naps and I think I'll be up-to-date!

1 comment: