ShabbyBlogs Background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birthday Boy


On October 21, my Little Bitty turned 1! I had a little bit of a hard time with it, but I realized that he's still a baby and that makes it sort of okay.

Here's the birthday boy with a big scab on his nose from pulling the
 airplane tray tabledown on himself on the way home from the cruise.
Helping Mamma bake his cake

Joey's Halloweeny birthday cakes



We had a picnic in the park with some friends. Pulled pork sandwiches, salads, fruit, and Joey's Choice Buffet featuring two varieties of puffs, cheese cubes, boiled carrots, grapes and yogurt.
Eating his cucumber the same way he eats all his food: skewered on his thumb.

Peek-a-boo with Steph

I got your nose with Char

Birthday cake with Mamma


We thought he'd dig right in, but he was very cautious.

Daddy helping guests take leftovers home...wrapped in pieces of plastic table cloth. Real classy.

Post-party coma

We love our one year-old! I think he's gotten even cuter since his birthday, if that's even possible.


4 comments:

  1. So cute - Joey in the drawer! I love the cakes - they're so pretty! And Joey, sleeping afterward is adorable. I think his giraffe toy is cute too - Janis and I had one as kids, and it was our favorite stuffed animal. Till we gave it a bath and all the stuffing lumped to one side...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!!! I think Joey is adorable in the drawer too.......and have you been taking cake decorator classes? Your cakes look awesome. I enjoyed reading about the cruise too.....it must be nice to be a world traveler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Jennifer, I love that you gave your giraffe a bath. All my dolls had terrible haircuts for the same reason--it seemed like a good idea at the time!

    Trsa, no, I haven't taken any cake decorating classes. I wish! That would be fun. I just made them smooth by patting the dried icing with a paper towel. You should've seen how lumpy they started out.
    We've been so blessed to get to travel so much at someone else's expense! I know it won't last, especially with more kids, but we've really enjoyed it. It would be fun to take a trip with you and Matt sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sahra. I was just praising your cakes for Joey's birthday to a friend. I hope you don't mind that I showed her the 3 pix. Here are some of her cakes:

      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1032144847202.2005950.1332825660&type=1

      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1545359237241.2073701.1332825660&type=3


      And a display she made for her brother's wife's baby shower:

      http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2353307635446&set=a.2249791047596.2107426.1332825660&type=1

      And she isn't even professional!



      Yeah, I think we gave at least one of our dolls a haircut, LOL.

      Delete