ShabbyBlogs Background

Monday, January 9, 2012

It's about time!

I'm out of excuses now and it's time to play 4-month catch up. I had some fair excuses though. Joey's a nice big one since he's the busiest little body I've ever seen. Then we had to move into my parents' living room, pack all our stuff into storage, I couldn't find the camera cord, the computer died...and now I really have no excuse.

Back to Labor Day weekend: We went to Happy Hollow, the annual family reunion in Indiana for my mom's dad's side of the family. It was really fun to see everyone. Joey was a big hit, although he wasn't so sure about all the noisy relatives clambering for his attention. 


 When we got back, we found out that Joey was very allergic to the chemicals our dear landlord used to clean the apartment carpets. He had an awful rash, started reacting to everything he ate, and started to have trouble breathing. We had the carpets recleaned by a company that used no chemicals, but he only improved for a few days. Poor baby! We had to get him out fast and my parents offered their home, so we packed up and moved most things into storage. We've been staying with them ever since, while we've been trying to buy a house.
 Here are my cute boys at Nanna and Grandpa's house, all ready for church. We're so grateful that my parents decided to move here a few years ago! They've been saints to us, imposing on them like this.

That's about all I have time for today, but I'm committed to get caught up now! Just wait for the October post. It's a good one.


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm gonna catch up on the back posts while waiting for the October one.

    ReplyDelete