ShabbyBlogs Background

Saturday, June 12, 2010

First Comes Love

Of course, before getting married, we got engaged. Before that James wrote me 2 very nice letters (one in the IPA on Homer Simpson sticky notes) while I was on my mission. Before that, we hung out in my bomb shelter. And before that James was that kid in my linguistics class who wore the same Superman sweatshirt and hat every single day. Who knows when it actually started. The point is, there's a funny story coming, and this picture is proof.
Getting engaged was quite the painfully long process. One night, whilst watching a movie, James suddenly turned off the TV and said, "what do you think about getting married?" When my heart started beating again I think I said something about being scared spit-less and not wanting to rush into anything. Eventually, I came around. After months of diamond shopping (I was oblivious to this part of the struggle and just thought he was having really icy cold feet), he proposed (with the help of our beloved IPA) and I said, "yes".
My mom offered to take our engagement pictures. We picked a nice day and went to a pretty park in Orem. We got a couple of nice pictures before the clouds broke. It rained buckets. We ran for the closest cover, the men's restroom. The rain kept coming down, and there's only so much you can do in a park bathroom. We made faces at each other in the mirror for a while, dried our clothes with the hand drier, and then my mom started snapping pictures. We have dozens of bathroom pictures, and this is one of them. They actually are pretty good, considering the location. If we hadn't found one we really loved in a second photo shoot, we probably would have sent out something with urinals in the background to all our friends and family.

1 comment: